Windows 10 is the newest version of Operating System created by Microsoft. There are a lot of enhancements on this version that we didn’t see on the previous version. Though it looks awesome, we still got an issue on Windows 10. The issue is knows as api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error on Windows 10. Thus, we will discuss how to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error on this post.
This issue on Windows usually happens when we are trying to open a program of files on computer. When the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error appears, you will likely receive a message:
The program can’s start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
You should not worry seeing this error on your Windows computer. We will show you how to get rid of this problem.
Reason api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is including in Microsoft Visual C++ Re-distributable for Visual Studio 2015. If there’s no this software, or your existing one is missing, incompatible or corrupted, you could probably then encounter this problem.
How do I fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error?
IMPORTANT: Do not download dll file from any dll download website! Not only the dll files on them are not up-to-date, but also the source isn’t approved. And there are other reasons your should not do that. But if you have already downloaded one, please remove it completely.
Since the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is including in the software, We can solve this problem through (re)installing the software. Here are two ways for you to install Visual C++ Re-distributable for Visual Studio 2015. Choose any one you prefer.
Method 1: Install the software via Windows Update
Microsoft has built Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update KB2999226. So you can install it through Windows Update.
- Type Update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) from the result.
- Click Check for updates .
- Windows should then check for updates automatically.
- If you use Windows 10, Microsoft will install the detected updates automatically;
If you use Windows 7, click Install Updates.
- Restart your computer. Then repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.
- Open the same program or the file to see if the problem is solved.
If unfortunately not, go on with Way 2 to download the software directly.
Method 2: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft directly
- Go to Microsoft Download website.
- Click Download.
Select your system type x64 or x86(x32), then click Next.
NOTE: If you’re not sure what system type your Windows runs, check like these: type system in the search box from the Start menu, then click System Information (Windows 10) or System (Windows 7) from the result. You should then see your system type in the open window.
- It should then start to download the file.
- When it’s done, double-click the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
- Fix Intel RST Service Not Running on Windows 10
- How to Update Lenovo Thinkpad Drivers for Windows 10
- Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error on Windows should have disappeared now. You can sit back and relax. Download the updates of Windows in a regular basis to avoid the same issue in the future.
For queries and suggestion, feel free to drop in the comments section below. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day, Folks!