One of the common errors on Printer is showing an offline status. It happens to almost all brands of printer, including your Canon printer. Don’t worry if you face this problem on your printer. We have the solution for this issue. Read the following instructions to fix Canon Printer offline status permanently.
Note:We suggest you to check on the power cable before you proceed the solutions. Make sure the power cable is plugged properly on your printer and the USB cable is plugged on your computer.
- How To Fix Printer Communication Not Available Problem
- Printer Not Responding Error on Windows Fixed
- How To Fix Canon Pixma MP620 Printer Driver Not Found on Windows 10
How to Fix Canon Printer Offline Status
Solution 1. Restart Printer Spooler Service
- Enter service in the search box from Start menu. Then Click Services (Desktop app) from the result.
- On the open window, scroll down to find and right-click on Print Spooler. Then click Restart.
Note: If Restart option grayed out, click Start instead.
- Right-click on Print Spooler again and this time choose Properties. Then set its Startup type to be Automatic. Click OK to save your settings.
- Restart your PC.
Solution 2. Disable Use Printer Offline feature of your Canon printer
- Enter control panel in the search box from Start menu. Then click Control Panel (Desktop app) from the result.
- On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Find and right-click on your Canon printer under Printers catalog. Then choose See what’s printing.
- On the pop-up window, click Printer to see if Use Printer Offline is unchecked. If it’s checked on with √ mark, click it to uncheck.
- Click Printer again and this time click Cancel All Documents.
Solution 3. Reinstall your Canon printer software
Your printer offline problem is probably being caused by driver problems. The steps above may resolve it, but if they don’t, please reinstall your Canon printer driver.
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + R key together to open a Run box. Then type devmgmt.msc in the box and click OK.
- Find your Canon printer driver under Print queues catalog. Then right-click on it to choose Uninstall device.
- Download the latest driver for your printer model from Canon official website. Then install it on your computer.
Download the driver from Canon website is direct and straightforward though, it could be really time-consuming. If you have no time, no patience or no enough tech skill to find and download drivers manually, let Driver Easy help you then.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged printer driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
- Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: After updating your printer driver, please restart your computer to make the new driver take effect.
That’s about the solutions to fix Canon printer offline status. The offline status issue on your Canon Printer should have gone by now. Hope it helps. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!