AMD Catalyst Control Center is an application that provides all information of your AMD graphics card on your computer. With it, you can control the display settings, profile, video performance, etc. All information that you need is in this app.
However, we got a report that it refused to open as usual. There is an error message saying: AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center. It is indeed annoying to see an error like this. You don’t need to worry, though as we have provided some ways to fix AMD graphics card error.
Failure or corrupted AMD graphics card driver is considered as the main culprit of this error. Here are some solutions for you to fix the error.
- Fix error: No AMD Graphics driver is installed
- AMD Radeon R9 360 Graphics Driver Download & Update on Windows 10
- AMD Radeon HD 6670 Driver Download Easily
How to Fix AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started on Windows
Firstly, uninstall the previous AMD Catalyst Control Center program:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R (at the same time) to invoke the Run box.
- Type control and click OK.
- Click Programs and features under the Large icons.
- Find and click AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Then click Change or Uninstall icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall.
- After it’s done, make sure there’s no AMD entries in Programs and features window now.
Secondly, update your AMD graphics card driver
You can update your AMD graphics card driver either manually or automatically.
Manually – Go to your AMD official website, then search for the most recent correct driver for your graphics card. Be sure to choose only driver that is compatible with your Windows.
Automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your display driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your graphics card, and your Windows, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- If you try the Free version: Click the Update button next to the flagged display driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver.
- Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- Restart your computer, and the new AMD Catalyst Control Center would be on your computer. Click it to see if it can be started properly.
- CompatTelRunner.exe High Disk Usage in Windows 10 & 7
- ASUS ATK0110 ACPI Drivers Free Download
- Solved Dolby Advanced Audio: Unable to start the Dolby audio driver in Windows 10
The AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started error should have gone by now. Try to open the app once again and it should open without any problem.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will respond you as soon as we can. Thank you for reading, Folks!