It is quite annoying when you want to play games, but an error shows up on your screen. In the pop up message, it says:
The program can’t start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Don’t panic. We have the solutions for this problem. You can follow the methods to fix it by yourself. Here are the methods to fix d3dx9_43.dll missing on your computer.
- Fix Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working error
- Msvcp100.dll is Missing on Windows 10
- What is XINPUT1_3.dll (and What to Do When It’s Missing)
How do I fix the d3dx9_43.dll missing error?
Here’re 4 top solutions you can try to fix the problem. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you solve your problem.
What is the d3dx9_43.dll file?
d3dx9_43.dll file is one of the many files contained in Microsoft DirectX. It’s widely used in Windows based games and advanced graphics programs. And the d3dx9_43.dll missing error often occurs when you launch those programs especially video games. Follow the easy steps with pictures below to try to fix it.
NOTICE: Do not download dll file from any dll download website! Not only the dll files on them are not up-to-date, but also the source isn’t approved. And there are other reasons your should not do that. But if you have already downloaded one, please remove it completely.
Solution 1: Download and run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
Sometimes the error occurs due to the not compatible DirectX version. Good news is that Microsoft provides DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer for users to roll back DirectX to 9.0c or previous versions.
- Head to the official Microsoft website. Then type DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer in the top-right search box and hit Enter.
- Click DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
- Before download, you can change the language from the drop-down menu.
Scroll-down to click Download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installing. Run it when it finish installing. Then try to run your game program now.
Solution 2: Install the latest version of DirectX (Windows 10 & 8)
If solution 1 unluckily do not solve your problem, try to install the latest version of DirectX. It can replace the missing or not found d3dx9_43.dll file.
The latest version for Windows 7 is DirectX 11.0 and it’s built-in the system with no stand-alone update package for this version. For Windows 8, the latest one is DirectX 11.1 and for Windows 10 is DirectX 12, and these two updates will be available through Windows Update. Thus for Windows 8 & 10 users, you can perform Windows update to update your DirectX.
- Type Windows Update in the search box from Start menu. Then click Check for updates from the top result.
- Click Check for updates.
- Go on to follow the on-screen instructions to complete Windows update.
Solution 3: Update your video card driver
The d3dx9_43.dll missing error could be caused by an old, incompatible or outdated video card driver. You can solve it through updating your video card driver.
There are two ways you can get the right driver for your video card: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your video card driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your video card, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only driver that’s compatible with your variant of Windows 10.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact video card, and your variant of Windows 10, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged video driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Solution 4: Reinstall your game or any other program with d3dx9_43.dll missing error
d3dx9_43.dll missing error also could due to some corrupt program files working with it. In such case, you can try to uninstall the program first and reinstall it again. Try to run it after reinstalling.
- How To Fix No Sound on Windows 10
- This app can’t run on your PC
- Intel Management Engine Driver Download & Install for Windows 10, 8.1, 7
How is it now? The error should have gone by now and you should be able to play the games on your computer again. Keep your drivers updated to avoid such error happens in the future.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask us. Thank you for reading, Folks!