If you are a Chrome user, you might face “A network change was detected” while connecting to the internet. It is a pretty common error that could happen to Google Chrome users. The good news is that you can fix this error easily. There are several tips that you can try to get this error resolved. Scroll down to read them all.
- Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found.
- Methods to Fix Network Cable Unplugged Error in Windows
- How to Forget Wireless Network on Windows 10
How to Fix “A Network Change Was Detected” Error
1) Restart your computer
The simplest fix to this problem is to restart your computer:
1. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cable.
2. Plug the power back and start your computer.
3. Open your Google Chrome browser. If this method works for you, you will not see the error again.
2) Reset the network settings on your computer
If there are corruption problems with the network settings, such as TCP/IP and DNS, on your computer, the network connection will be affected and you may get the error. You should reset those network settings to clear the problems:
1. Open the Start menu and type “cmd“. When you see Command Prompt appear in the menu above, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
2. In Command Prompt, type the following lines one by one and press Enter on your keyboard after each:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
3. Close Command Prompt and restart your computer. After that open your browser and check to see if the error is gone.
3) Update your network driver
If you are using a wrong or outdated network driver, you may encounter some network connection problems and therefore get this error. You should update your network driver to see if this can fix the error. If you don’t have the time, patience and skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1. Download and Install Driver Easy.
2. Run Driver Easy and hit the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Click on the Update button next to the network driver to download the latest and correct driver for it. You can also hit the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click on Update All).
4) Power cycle your router
There may be connection problems on your router that lead to your network change detected error. Power cycling your router can help you get rid of these problems. To power cycle your router:
1. Turn off your computer and router.
2. Unplug the power cable from your router.
3. Leave it for several minutes.
4. Plug the power cable back to your router.
5. Start your router and then your computer.
Now open the web browser and check if this has fixed the error.
- SD Card Not Showing Up
- WerFault.exe – Application Error
- ASUS MB168B Driver Download for Windows 10, 7 & 8
That’s all. Now, open the Google Chrome browser on your computer and try to browse your favorite website. It should work normally and your website will open in an instant.
If the same error happens again in the future, you can try different methods from the list above to solve it. We are welcome for queries and suggestion if you have any. Thank you for reading, Folks!