In this post, you will learn How To Fix the ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver problems. Follow the instructions. You can fix the driver problems even your USB keyboard and mouse are not working. Methods here apply to Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, XP & Vista.
Your usb keyboard and mouse would stop working if the USB 3.0 drivers are missing or corrupted. In this case, it is impossible to use them to download and install the new drivers. But don’t worry. You can update the drivers anyway by following methods below.
Method 1: Plug and replug the keyboard and mouse
To make the keyboard and the mouse work again, unplug then plug them again. After replugging, Windows will load the USB 3.0 drivers automatically. When the keyboard and mouse work properly, you can use them to update the ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller drivers. Refer the methods in Case 2 to update the drivers.
Method 2: Enter Safe Mode to delete the drivers
Though you can’t use the keyboard and mouse in Normal mode, you can use them in Safe Mode (See How to Enter Safe Mode). It is recommended that you enter Safe Mode with Networking so you can search for and update the drivers in Safe Mode.
Deleting the USB 3.0 drivers in Safe Mode probably would fix the problems. Follow steps below to delete the USB 3.0 drivers in Safe Mode. Normally, Safe Mode will at least allow you to use the keyboard. If you can’t use the mouse, use the keyboard instead.
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and tap OK button.
3. Expand the categories and locate the ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller or the device with a yellow mark. (If you can only use the keyboard, press the Tab key. Use the Down Arrow key to move to the category the use the Right Arrow key to expand the category.)
4. Press Del (Delete On some keyboards)key to delete the driver.
5. Restart your computer then the keyboard and mouse should work properly.
6. Refer methods in Case 2 to update the drivers.
If your keyboard and mouse are working, you just need to update the drivers. You can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the latest USB 3.0 drivers. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model and the operating system version (See How to Get Operating System Version)
If you have difficulty downloading the drivers manually, you can use Driver Easy to help update the drivers. Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect all problem drivers. It has Free version and PRO version. Both versions can be used to download the drivers automatically. But with the PRO version, you can enjoy 10X faster download speed and full features. You can update all drivers with just 2 mouse clicks.
1. Click Scan Now button. Then Driver Easy will scan your computer in a few seconds and provide you with new drivers instantly.
2. Click Update All button. Then all drivers will be downloaded and installed automatically. Or you can just click the “Update” button to update the ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver.
Driver Easy PRO provides free expert tech support guarantee. You can contact us for further assistance regarding any driver problems if you need. It also provides 30-day money back guarantee. You can ask for a full refund for any reason. Click here for more purchase details.
Hope the tips here help you fix the ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver problems.