The Google Chromecast can help you to get video, music, and games played on your TV easily. How to do it? Just plug the Google Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port. But we recently got a report that Chromecast keeps not connecting or it says no cast destination found. You should not worry. We have some solutions to fix this problem.
- Best Methods to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error on Google Chrome
- This site can’t provide a secure connection in Chrome
- Easy to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error in Chrome
How to Fix Chromecast not connecting Error
Note: Before trying the following solutions, please make sure your Chromecast is connected correctly and connected on the same network with your mobile device.
Solution 1. Do a factory reset for your Chromecast
Factory reset brings your Chromecast back to factory defaults. It can help you fix the problem easily and quickly. Meanwhile, you app data won’t be deleted at all. Thus don’t be worried to do so.
With your Chromecast plugged into the TV, hold down the button on the side of the Chromecast. Its LED light will begin blinking orange. When the LED light turns white, or your TV screen goes blank, release the button.
Then your Chrome will begin the reboot sequence.
Solution 2. Change your Wi-Fi channel
Google Chromecast only works on 2.4GHz frequency band of your Wi-Fi router. If your Wi-Fi router is set to others, your Chromecast can’t be connected, either. Follow the steps here to check it and try to change your Wi-Fi channel to improve your Wi-Fi signal.
1) Go to the settings page of your router on a browser. Note: The instruction is usually on the under-side of your router. When its setting website is open, it’s very likely you should enter the password you set before.
2) Find and click Wireless catalog. Note: It’s probably under Settings catalog.
3) On Wireless pane, make sure your network operates at 2.4GHz. Go on to select different Wi-Fi channel from the drop-down menu to try to improve your Wi-Fi signal.
Solution 3. Reboot your Wi-Fi router and modem
Since Chromecast works based on Wi-Fi network, any problem with your Wi-Fi wolud stop it work properly then.Reboot your router and modem can often fix Wi-Fi woes.
1) Power off your modem and router via the Power button. It’s with the word Power or the sign.
2) Wait for a while, like 25 seconds. Press the power buttons again to power your router and modem back on.
Solution 4. Use your Chromecast HDMI extender
There is a short HDMI extender cable, about a couple of inches long, comes with your Chromecast.
Use it to plug your Chromecast into your TV HDMI’s port. This enable more breathing room for your Chromecast to detect Wi-Fi networks.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to Sync PS4 Controller — Easy Guide
- Methods to Fix ntoskrnl.exe High CPU or Disk Usage on Windows 10
- Fix HP ENVY 7640 Driver Problems. Easily!
That’s all! How is the Google Chromecast now? Can it work properly on your HD TV? If the error persists, you should check the hardware.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!