We got a report from Windows 10 users that have Configuration system failed to initialize error on their computer. The error occurs when they run a newly installed app or open a software after adding a web service to it. If you face this error at the moment, you can follow the methods on this post to solve the problem permanently. Here are the methods that you can do.
- The system cannot find the file specified
- Easy to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled Error
- System Restore Error 0x80070091 on Windows 10
How to Fix “Configuration system failed to initialize” Error on Windows 10
Take a few minutes to go on with the steps below to get rid of the error.
Corruptions in Windows system files can cause Configuration system failed to initialize error. Thus we can run System File Checker tool to check and fix the error.
1) Open Quick Access menu by press Windows logo key + X key at the same time. Then click Command Prompt(Admin) to run Command Prompt as administrator. Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
2) On the command prompt window, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. Wait for it till Verification 100% Complete.
3) System File Checker will help you restore the corrupted files automatically.
4) When it done, close the command prompt window. Check if the error still exists.
2. Check your config file
Make sure inside the configuration element of your config file, the first child is configSections element.
1) Head to C: Windows Microsoft.NET Framework64 v2.0.50727 CONFIG on your Windows 10.
2) Right-click on the config file of the app which exist the error. Choose Edit. ( we recommend you use Notepad++.to modify )
3) When the config file is open, check inside the configuration element, ensure the first child is configSections element.
If the error appears on your windows 10, the first child may probably isn’t configSections element inside the configuration element. Then you can remove the configuration element between <configuration> and <configSections>.
4) Save the changes on config file and close edit window. Check if the error still appears.
3. Delete the old config file
1) Head to C: Users username AppData Local appname on your Windows 10. Delete the app config file.
2) Head to C: Users username AppData Roaming appname on your Windows 10. Delete the app config file.
3) Restart your app and check if the error still occurs.
That’s it. Hopefully you’d fixed Configuration system failed to initialize error on your Windows 10 now. In case you stuck while following the instructions above, feel free to let us know. We will try our best to help you. Thank you for reading.
- SSD Not Showing Up in Computer
- Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working on Windows 10
- Windows Update Not Working, Stuck at Checking for updates