Windows 10 is a great Operating System you can use on your computer. It provides a lot of great and stunning features. Though it is a great OS, it is not a perfect one. Many users reported to have an error while they were using it. One of the common errors that they face on Windows 10 is Intel RST service is not running. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10.
Intel RST service means Intel Rapid Storage Technology service. When facing the Intel RST service is not running error on Windows 10, a message will pop up on your Windows 10 task bar as shown in the image below.
You don’t need to worry if you face this error in Windows. In this post, there are several things you can follow in order to fix Intel RST service is not running on Windows 10. By performing the methods, you will not see the error on your Windows computer again in the future.
We won’t waste your time any longer. Follow the steps-wise guides below carefully:
- High CPU Usage on Windows 10
- svchost.exe: High CPU Usage on Windows 10
- Update Lenovo Thinkpad Drivers for Windows 10
How to Fix Intel RST Service Not Running on Windows 10
Method 1. Update Intel RST driver
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + X key together to open quick-access menu.
Then click Device Manager.
- On the open window, find and expand Disk drives catalog.
Then right-click on your Intel Rapid Storage Technology supporting platform and choose Uninstall device.
- Head to Intel Dowload website.
Type Intel Rapid in the search box and click Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers from the result.
- Click Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
Then on the following open page, find and click SetupRST.exe.
- When it completes downloading, double-click the .exe file to install the driver on your Windows 10.
There is another way to download the correct driver when you have doubt in yourself. Use Driver Easy to help you to download and update the drivers in your computer automatically. This driver tool is safe to use. It will scan and recognize your system and find the correct drivers for you. With the help of Driver Easy, you can avoid the risk of downloading and installing the wrong drivers for your computer.
Try the free version of this app to update your drivers one by one. Upgrade to Pro version if you want to fix all the missing or outdated drivers automatically in a single click. It has a professional tech support 24/7 and 30-day money back guarantee for the customers, which is great.
Method 2. Reset startup type of Intel RST Service
If update your RST driver didn’t solve the problem, please reset the startup type of Intel RST service.
You need to do these:
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + R key together to open a Run box.
- Then type services.msc in the box and press Enter.
- On the open window, find and right-click on Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology. Choose Properties.
- Choose to view on General tab.
- Then set the Startup type to be Automatic and click OK to save your setting.
Now, the Intel RST Service not running error on Windows 10 should no longer appear. You can sit back and relax. Your Windows computer should have worked normally.
If you happen to have questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us. We will try our best to answer your questions. Thank you for reading, Folks!