Windows 10 has a new amazing feature, it is print to PDF. This feature enables the users to print JPG or Word as a PDF file. However, it seems that the feature has not fully worked on Windows 10. They reported that Microsoft Print to PDF not working. Here, in this post we will discuss how to fix print to PDF not working problem on Windows 10. Hopefully, in the end you can print to PDF again.
- Can’t Print PDF File
- How To Fix PDF Not Opening in Chrome
- Tutorial to Disable Chrome PDF Viewer Versions 57 & 60
4 Ways to Fix Microsoft Print to PDF Not Working on Windows 10
1. Turn off Microsoft Print to PDF feature and turn it on again
1) Type windows feature in the search box from Start menu. Then click Turn Windows features on or off from the top result.
2) Scroll down on pop-up Windows features window. Find and clear the box of Microsoft Print to PDF. Then click OK to save settings.
3) Reboot your Windows 10. Then follow step 1 again to open Windows features window. This time find and tick on Microsoft Print to PDF to enable it. Then click OK to save changes.
Now your print to PDF should work properly.
2. Enable there are no comma in the file name you enter
If the file name of PDF you want to save contain commas, the file would be created with 0 bytes and you cannot find it at saving folder. As a result, it seems your Microsoft Print to PDF not working. In such case, please avoid use comma or any other specific notations in the file name.
3. Set Microsoft Print to PDF as default printer
1) Type printer in the search box from Start menu. Then click Devices and Printers from the top result.
2) Find and right-click on Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers dialog on Devices and Printers window. Then click Set as default printer.
4. Remove Microsoft Print to PDF and reinstall its driver
1) Follow step 1 of Way three to open Devices and Printers window.
2) Find and right-click on Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers dialog. Then click Remove device. Click Yes when asked to confirm.
3) Right-click on the blank area on Devices and Printers window to choose Add devices and printers.
4) Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
5) Tick on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings. Then click Next.
6) Choose PORTPROMPT: (Local Port) from the drop-down list under Use an existing port. Then click Next
7) Set Manufacturer Microsoft and Printers be Microsoft Print to PDF. Click Next to go on.
8) Tick on Replace the current driver. Then click Next.
9) Click Next.
Now you have restore your Microsoft Print to PDF. Click Finish to complete the process.
You can use it properly now.
- How To Fix Bluetooth Keyboard Stop Working in Windows 10
- GfxUI has stopped working on Windows
- How To Fix Windows won’t Boot after Updating Drivers
That’s all there is to it. Hopefully now you can print the PDF without any problem.
Any questions please feel free to leave your comment below. Thank you for reading, Folks!