While you upgrade Driver Easy to the newer version, if you meet error “Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied”, please understand the problem is not caused by Driver Easy software problems. It is caused by system problems or protection software problems. You may also encounter this problem when you install some other new software. Here you will find the solutions How To Fix this problem.
You can try the solutions below and find the one that works for you.
Solution 1: Run the file as Administrator:
1. Right-click on the installer file.
2. Choose Run as Administrator. Then the software may be installed successfully.
Solution 2: The problem may be caused due to security right problems. Try the following steps:
1. Navigate to C:Users[Username]AppDataLocal.
2. Right click on the Temp folder. Choose Properties.
3. Click the Security tab and click Advanced.
4. On the Permissions tab you should see permissions that are there. 3 permissions below you will see: ‘SYSTEM‘ with Full control which applies to ‘This folder, subfolders and files’ ‘Administrators‘ with Full control which applies to ‘This folder, subfolders and files’ ‘Your Username‘ with Full control which applies to ‘This folder, subfolders and files’ These all 3 permissions should be inherited from the C:Users[Username] folder. If you don’t have the ‘Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent’ option ticked, click on Change Permissions….
5. Tick the box next to ‘Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent’. Then click Apply and OK buttons. Click Continue if there are any problems, then remove the permissions that aren’t inherited.
After you follow steps above, you should have the permissions to write to the directory and you won’t get those error messages any more.
Solution 3: It may be HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System HIPS) causing this false positive. Try fully disabling your anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall applications.