Recently there’ve been a lot of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) players reporting that their games frequently crashes or closes to the desktop. Some players see an error or a crash reporter occur telling them what happened. But in many cases, the game just closes and the players are sent back to the desktop.
This can be an annoying problem. It is frustrating to see your game crash when you’re in the middle of something exciting. You want smooth gaming experiences. And perhaps you are trying to find a method to prevent your PUBG from crashing.
In fact, it is possible to fix these crashing problems. Here are some effective methods you can try. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Methods to fix PUBG crashing problems:
Bluehole (developer of PUBG) keeps releasing patches to improve PUBG and fix its problems. You should install these patches and keep your game up to date. This can help to fix some bugs that can crash your game.
Perhaps you have increased the clock frequency of your GPU so as to make it operate faster and improve your game performance. But this can sometimes undermine your game stability. If your game starts to crash after you overclock your GPU, you can try lowering it back to the default setting, and see if this works for you.
Usually, the game crashes when you are using the wrong device drivers, especially video card driver, or they’re out of date. So you should update or reinstall your drivers to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to each driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you want to reinstall your device drivers, you can first uninstall them using Driver Easy (Pro version also required). To do so:
1) Open Driver Easy and click Tools.
2) Click Driver Uninstall. Then choose a device whose driver you want to delete in the list of devices. Then click Uninstall. The driver will be deleted soon.
3) Run the update process on Driver Easy. This can enable you to easily reinstall drivers for these devices.
High graphics settings on PUBG can put a heavy burden on your computer if your hardware doesn’t satisfy their high requirement. Under this condition, your hardware can’t run normally and your game may even crash. You can check your settings on PUBG and try lowering some of them.
You may need to pay attention to two settings that are specifically helpful for fixing crashing problems. The first is V-Sync. Enabled V-Sync can be a cause of the problems, and you should turn it off. The other thing is that you can try playing your game in windowed mode, as it is also an effective fix to your problem.