Upgrading your Windows version to the last version is a good option. You will receive a lot of great features in the latest version of Windows 10. But, some Windows users reported that they have problem with the internet connection. They cannot connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. It said that the wireless adapter driver mostly is missing or incompatible with the system. If you face the same problem, you have come to the right place. In this post, we will discuss how to fix Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Driver Problem for Windows 10.
One of the main reasons why you have this Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Driver Problem on your Windows 10 is due to the missing drivers. Basically, it is because you have just upgrade the Windows OS which might cause incompatibility with your old drivers. Thus, the solution is to update your computer drivers.
- Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Not Working on Windows
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 Windows 10 Drivers Update Quickly & Easily
- How To Fix Ethernet Controller Driver Missing after Windows 7 Install
How to Fix Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Driver Problem for Windows 10
There are 3 methods you can use to update the driver to fix the problem.
Method 1: Update the driver through Device Manager
- In Device Manager, right-click on the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter and select Update Driver Software….(The specific device name will vary according to the device model. In this case, the model is AR5BWB222.)
- In the pop-up window, you will see two options. Click the first option Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will find and install drivers for the wireless adapters automatically.
Method 2: Download and install the driver from manufacturer
Since Atheros doesn’t produce drivers themselves, you can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to check for and download the latest driver. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model and the specific operating system that you are using (Windows 10 32-bit or Windows 10 64-bit). Usually, the downloaded driver will be in executable format (.exe). You can install the driver by just double-clicking on the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If your PC can’t be connected to internet, download the driver using another PC with internet access. Then use USB flash drive to transfer the driver to your PC.
Method 3: Update the driver using Driver Easy
Windows may fail to provide the latest driver and updating drivers manually may take forever. To update the driver easily, you can use Driver Easy to help you.
Driver Easy is one of driver update tools online. Driver Easy will detect the outdated, corrupted, incompatible and missing drivers in your computer. It is compatible with Windows 10. So you can use it to update the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter driver for Windows 10.
Driver Easy has Free version and Paid version. You can use the Free version to download new drivers, but you are required to use the downloaded driver files to install the drivers manually step by step. And the download speed is limited. To save more time, you can use the Paid version. With Paid version, all drivers will be updated automatically. Moreover, you can enjoy free technical support guarantee. You can contact us for further assistance regarding the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter driver problem. Paid version offers 30-day money back guarantee. You can ask for a full refund for any reason.
With Paid version, to update all drivers, only 2 clicks are needed.
- Click Scan Now button and it will auto scan your computer. This will identify if the Atheros wireless adapter drivers are outdated or missing. Then you will get a list of new drivers immediately.
- Click Update All button, the all drivers will be downloaded in high download speed and installed automatically.
Now, you have updated the wireless drivers in your Windows computer. You should be able to connect to the internet through Wi-Fi network. If the problem persists, you can contact us or write in the comments section. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day, Folks!