When you are setting up the WIFI hotspot from the command prompt, “The hosted network couldn’t be started” error may happen. It is due to the WiFi network adapter that fails to work. If you have this problem right now, this are some solutions for you to fix “The hosted network couldn’t be started” error on Windows 10. Check them here:
- How To Fix Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter
- How to Fix “A Network Change Was Detected” Error
- How to Forget Wireless Network on Windows 10
3 Methods To Fix “The hosted network couldn’t be started” on Windows 10
Method 1. Enable Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter
1) Press Windows key + X key together to open quick-access menu. Click Device Manager to open it.
2) Click View icon and tick on Show hidden devices.
3) Find and expand Network adapters dialog. Then right-click on Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter to choose Enable device.
4) Now set your WiFi hotspot again to see if the error has been fixed.
Method 2. Check your wireless network adapter
1) Follow step 1 in Method 1 to open Device Manager.
2) Find and expand Network adapters dialog. Then right-click on your wireless network adapter to choose Properties.
3) View on Power Management pane. Make sure Allow the comoputer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked and click OK to save settings.
If unluckily, neither method 1 nor method 2 helps you fix the error, it’s advise that update your WiFi driver with Method 3.
Method 3. Update your WiFi driver
1) Follow the step 1 & 2 to right-click on your wireless network adapter in Device Manager. Then choose Update driver.
2) Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
Now Microsoft will detect the update for you automatically.
However, for some reasons Microsoft cannot always find the update for you. Thus if you receive the message: The best driver software for your device is already installed, please choose other methods to update the driver.
As for other methods, you can choose to download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website manually. Or let Driver Easy help you.
Driver Easy is a 100% safe and really helpful driver tool. It can find the correct drivers for your missing and outdated drivers in less than 1 min! You can try its Free version, and update your drivers one by one. Or you can update all your missing and outdated drivers automatically with just one-click with the Pro version.
No worry to try it as it comes with a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee and professional tech support 24/7.
- Download SmartGaGa Emulator Latest Version 2019
- Fix “Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory, The SmartAudio will now exit”
- Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device (EASY FIXES)
After updating your driver, reboot Windows 10 to make the new driver take effect. Set your WiFi hotspot again to see if it works.
That’s all there is to it.
Any questions please feel free to let we know via the comment below. Thank you for reading, Folks!