Have you ever got an error “The requested operation requires elevation” when trying to open the files from an external hard drive? You must be wondering why this error occurs and how to fix it. No worries! We have some steps you can try in order to solve this error on your Windows computer. Check them out below.
- [SOLVED] How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070002
- [Solved] Page Fault In Nonpaged Area error in Windows 10
- Fix PFN LIST CORRUPT Error on Windows
How to Fix “The requested operation requires elevation” error on Windows
“The requested operation requires elevation” means that in order to open the file you’ll need the elevated permission of a local administrator to take ownership and gain access. So we can change the ownership of the external hard drive to get rid of the problem.
1) Log in your computer with the administrator account.
2) Locate your external hard drive. It could be in the folder named Computer/My computer/This PC different Windows operating systems.
3) Right-click on your external hard drive. Then click Properties.
4) On Properties windows, view on Security tab and click Advanced. Then tap on Owner panel and click Edit.
5) Choose the user you want to set as the owner of the file. Then check on Replace owner on subcontainers and objects. Click Apply > OK to save the settings.
- What to do if Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software
- How To Fix a 502 Bad Gateway Error
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver Download
That’s it! Please feel free to leave your comment below if you have any questions. Thank you for reading, Folks!