A yellow exclamation mark next to Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller means the device driver is not installed correctly. In that case, some of your USB devices may not be recognized by PC. There are three ways to fix this problem. Read on to find the details about each way. Apply to Windows 10, 7, 8 & 8.1.
Tip: If both of your usb keyboard and mouse stop working, use the touchpad, a PS2 mouse or a PS2 keyboard to apply the fix.
Follow these steps:
1. In Device Manager, right-click on the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller and select Uninstall.
2. If prompted for confirmation, click the box next to Delete the driver software for this device (if you see this), and click OK button.
3. Restart your PC then check if the driver is installed correctly.
To fix the problem, you can try updating the Chipset drivers. Chipset drivers are responsible for controlling communication between various components in your system like USB devices, which includes the USB drivers.
You can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to check for and download the latest chipset drivers. To download the correct drivers, you need to know the PC model and the operating system version. Usually, you can get the PC model on the PC. To get operating system version, click here for the instructions.
Alternatively, you can go to the motherboard’s website to download the chipset drivers.
To fix the problem more quickly and easily, you can use Driver Easy to update all drivers. Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect all problem drivers in a few seconds. It has Free version and PRO version. Download Free version for a trial. It allows you to update drivers one at a time. Upgrade to PRO version if you find it helpful. With the PRO version, you can even update all drivers with just two clicks.
1. Click Scan Now button. After scanning completes, you will get a list of new drivers.
2. Click Update All button. Then all drivers including the USB controller drivers will be downloaded and installed automatically.
You will enjoy free expert technical support guarantee with the PRO version. It means you can contact us for assistance regarding any technical problems. With our 30-day money back policy, you can ask for a full refund if you are not satisfied with the product. Please visit here for more purchase details.
Hope the ways here will help you solve the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller driver problem.