After you upgraded to Windows 10 or performed a Windows 10 update, if Windows cannot detect your TV, don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many Windows 10 users have reported this problem. You can fix the problem with one of the solutions below.
First of all, ensure there is no problem with the HDMI port and the cable:
1) Unplug the TV then plug it to the HDMI port again. Then check to see if the problem is resolved.
2) Try using a different HDMI cable
A broken HDMI cable can cause the problem. Try to use another cable, and see if the problem persists.
If there is no problem with the HDMI port and the cable, try below two solutions. You may not have to try both of them. Try Solution 2 if Solution 1 doesn’t solve the problem.
Solution 1: Check the display output settings
Incorrect display output settings could be the cause of TV not detecting problem. Follow steps below to check for it.
1) Right-click the desktop and click Personalize.
2) Click Display .
3) Check if you’re able to see the TV as a second monitor.
If you are not able to see the TV on the screen, follow steps below:
1). On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and P at the same time.
2). Click Duplicate.
If Duplicate doesn’t work, try switching to Extend.
After that, check to see if Windows can detect your TV.
Solution 2: Update the graphics driver
The problem may be caused by graphics driver problem. It would occur if the Windows basic video driver is installed but not manufacturer’s driver. So try to update the graphics driver to fix the problem.
There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your video card: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your video drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your video card, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows 10.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your video card, and your variant of Windows 10, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged video driver driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart your computer and check to see if Windows 10 can now detect your TV.
TIP: After connecting the TV via HDMI successfully, if you can’t hear sound from the output, go to Fix HDMI No Sound in Windows 10 for the solutions.
That’s all there is to it. Hopefully one of these methods resolves your problem. Please feel free to leave your comment below if you have any questions.