Some Windows users saw an error “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” while trying to install Windows 10 on their PC. This is quite annoying because you cannot complete the installation. If this error happens to you, you should follow some steps that we will discuss in this post. Read on.
- How To Fix Windows 10 Endless Restart Loop
- Methods to Fix Computer Shuts Down Randomly Error
- How To Fix Computer Randomly Restarts
Solution for “The computer restarted unexpectedly” loop Windows 10
The good news is you can fix it easily by yourself. Here’s an easy solution you can try.
On the same error message screen do these:
1) On your keyboard, press the Shift key and F10 to invoke the Command Prompt window.
2) Type regedit and press Enter.
Click Yes when prompted by the User Account Control.
3) You should then see the Registry Editor window. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSetupStatusChildCompletion.
4) Double-click setup.exe. Make sure the Value data is set to 3, then click OK.
5) Close the Registry Editor window.
6) Restart your computer.
- Fix The Remote Procedure Call Failed Error
- CompatTelRunner.exe High Disk Usage in Windows 10 & 7
- How To Fix “You need a WIA driver to use this device” Scanner Driver Error
That’s all. Now, try to install the Windows 10 again on your computer and see the result. You should be able to install Windows 10 without seeing any error notification again on your screen.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!