Some Windows users reported that they got an error code 0x800F081F when they are trying to install .NET Framework 3.5 on their PC. It is indeed frustrating. There are two methods you can try in order to fix this error.
2 Ways to Fix Error Code 0x800F081F When Installing .NET Framework 3.5
- Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF) Driver Install Failed
- WDF_Violation Blue Screen Error on Windows 10
- Intel Management Engine Driver Download & Install for Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Method 1: Configure Group Policy
The 0x800F081F error may occur because the component setting in Group Policy is disabled. You should enable it to see if this fixes the error. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
4) Double click Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
5) Select Enabled. Then click OK.
6) Try installing .NET Framework 3.5. If this method works for you, you won’t see the error again. Otherwise, you should try the method below.
Method 2: Enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature using DISM
It is also possible that the error occurs because the .NET Framework 3.5 feature has not been enabled in your system. You can use a DISM command to enable it.
NOTE: You need to have installation media or an ISO image for your Windows version to perform this method.
To enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature using DISM:
1) Put the Windows installation media into your computer, or mount the Windows ISO image in your system.
2) Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard. Then type “cmd“.
3) Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
4) Type “Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<DRIVE>:sourcessxs /LimitAccess” and press Enter on your keyboard. (Note that you need to replace the <DRIVE> here with the drive letter for the installation media drive or the ISO drive.)
5) Try installing .NET Framework 3.5 and see if the error disappears.
- Failed to initialize Direct3D
- How To Fix No Sound on Windows 10
- System Service Exception on Windows 10
The .NET Framework 3.5 is needed by your computer system. Some applications cannot work properly if you don’t have the latest version of this program. Hopefully the methods above can help you fix the problem and you can install the .NET Framework 3.5 well.
For queries and suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!