The FN (function) key on your Dell laptop doesn’t work properly after upgrading to Windows 10? If you are experiencing this issue on your computer, don’t panic. We have provided several methods on this post to fix FN key problem on Dell laptop. You can do the methods selectively.
- How To Fix Dell Broadcom USH Driver Problems
- How to Fix Network Controller Driver Problem on Dell Laptop
- Dell Audio Driver Download & Update Easily
4 Methods to Fix FN Key Not Working Problem for Dell Laptop
Method 1: Press Fn + Esc on your keyboard
This method is very simple. Just press Fn + Esc on your keyboard. It has worked for some Dell laptop users. Why not have a try?
Method 2: Change function key behavior
The problem can be caused by incorrect function key behavior. So try to change the function key behavior in Windows Mobility Center and see if it works.
Follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- View by Large icons and select Windows Mobility Center.
- In Windows Mobility Center window, locate Fn Key Behavior. Click the drop down arrow and select Funtion key from the menu.
Method 3: Try Uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard drivers
If there is problem with the keyboard drivers, the problem may occur. Uninstall the drivers and restart your PC, then the drivers will reinstall. If you are not sure how to do that, refer steps below.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand category Keyboards, Right-click on the keyboard device and click Uninstall device from the pop-up menu. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart Windows then the driver will install automatically.
Method 4: Update Related Drivers
The problem is not just caused by keyboard drivers. It could be due to other driver problems like chipset driver problems and display driver problems. If Method 3 doesn’t resolve the problem, try to update the drivers. Go to Dell’s website to check for the latest drivers of your laptop.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- 3) Click the Update button next to one driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- How to Reinstall (Reset) Windows 10, the easy way!
- Fix error: No AMD Graphics driver is installed
- Google Chrome Download for Windows 10
The FN key on your Dell laptop should have worked normally by now.
Which method that works the best for you? Please share so that others know which method they will start from.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to answer your questions.