If the network adapter driver is missing, outdated or compatible, it can cause connection problems. After you upgraded to Windows 10, if your internet doesn’t work properly, it’s possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Update the network adapter driver to fix the problem.
You can check if there is a yellow mark next to network device name in Device Manager. Under Network adapters, if you see a yellow mark, the network driver has problems.
You can use Windows to check if an updated driver is available.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Device Manager and expand category Network adapters.
2. Right-click on the network device name, and then select Driver Update Software…
3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select Close.
The above steps above may resolve the problem, but if they not, try to update the drivers using Driver Easy. Note you need to have access to internet to run Driver Easy. If you don’t have internet due to missing network driver, you’re advised to use Offline Scan feature of Driver Easy to download and install the network driver.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged network driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).