The steps to uninstall the drivers may vary depending on different systems. But the steps here are suitable for all Windows systems. If you want to uninstall drivers, you can follow these steps.
Tips: Usually, it is recommended to update the drivers if they have problems. But as we all know, updating drivers is not an easy task. You need to search the right drivers online. There is an easier way to solve the driver problem that you can try if you are not sure how to update the driver. Try uninstalling the drivers then restart your computer. This will work for many drivers as Windows may reload the drivers after restarting.
Follow steps below to uninstall a driver.
1. Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button. Then Device Manager window will open.
3. In Device Manager, expand the category and locate the device you wish to uninstall. (For example, to uninstall display card driver, expand category “Display adapters”.)
4. Right-click on the device name and select Uninstall on the context menu.
5. Windows will prompt you to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device.” Click “OK” button.
6. Restart your PC as soon as possible.
If you have problems with drivers, after uninstalling the driver, the problem still persists, you can try downloading and installing the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
If you are not sure how to update the drivers manually or want to have the driver problem solved quickly, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy is the software which will detect all problematic drivers in your computer then fix them in several minutes.