There is a good news that NVIDIA High Definition Audio drivers now supports the output of HDMI audios. It means that you should be able to hear sound through HDMI port after upgrading to Windows 10. But, if it doesn’t work, it could be that your NVIDIA drivers are missing or outdated. Thus, you should update NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers on Windows 10. There are 3 methods you can do to update the drivers on Windows 10.
How to Update the Drivers using Device Manager
Follow these steps:
- Go to Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand category Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on High Definition Audio Device and select Update Driver Software…
- In the pop-up window, you will see two options. Click the first option Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will find and install drivers for your video device automatically.
If Windows fails to update the drivers, you can download the latest drivers from manufacturer’s website. The NVIDIA audio drivers are part of Graphics card driver package. So if you want to update NVIDIA audio drivers, just download the driver package for your Graphics card. Drivers are available to download from NVIDIA official website freely.
How to Download Drivers from NVIDIA
Following steps are for your reference.
- Go to NVIDIA download page.
- Select the product information and system information depending on the Graphics card and system version that you are using . (Here take “GeForce GTX 750” and “Windows 10 64-bit” as example.) Then click on SEARCH button.
- You can get the Graphics card model under category “Display adapters” in Device Manager.
- Click Download button.
- Click AGREE & DOWNLOAD button.
- After download completes, just double-click on the downloaded file (.exe file) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- The driver will be installed in Express way by default. In this way, all components in the whole driver package will be installed. If you just need to install HD audio drivers and not the whole driver package, choose Custom Install and uncheck the other optional driver packages.
How to Update NVIDIA Audio Drivers Automatically
If you don’t have patience, time or computer skills to update drivers automatically, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers in your computer. You can update the Nvidia high definition audio drivers automatically with the Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it just takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and 30-day money back guarantee).
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and provide you with new drivers instantly.
- Click Update button next to the NVIDIA high definition audio driver to download and install the correct version of this driver. Or click Update All button (if you go Pro) to download and update all drivers at a time automatically.
- Unable to Connect to NVIDIA Error
- NVIDIA Control Panel Missing
- 2 Ways to Update Nvidia Drivers. Quickly & Easily!
It is easy to update the drivers, isn’t it? We suggest you to update the drivers on Windows computer regularly. This could also hinder you from bugs that occurs after upgrading Windows system. We hope it helps you. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write in the comments section. Thank you for reading!