Though you have upgrade to Windows 10, it is a bit sad that some common problems are still occur. One of the problems is high CPU disk or memory usage. This error will cause your PC temperature increase unreasonably. Thus, you will hear annoying noise from the fan that works extra.
The reason why you have this error on your computer is IAStoreDataSvc (32 bit). You can check it in the Task Manager.IAStorDataSvc is the name of the service translated as Intel Storage Data Service used by the Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
Here are some steps you can do to fix your computer that it can work normally again.
How to Fix IAStorDataSvc (32 bit) High CPU Usage Caused on Windows 10
Step One: Uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology
1) Press Windows key and R at the same time, then type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
2) Then locate Intel Rapid Storage Technology and choose the Uninstall button on the top bar.
3) Wait for the uninstall process to finish. Then restart your computer.
Step Two: Update Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller driver
1) Now go to support website of Intel, type in keyword “Intel Rapid Storage Technology” and hit Enter.
2) Choose the correct device driver that suits your operating system and click the name of it to go to the download page.
3) On the download page, click the blue button to get the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver downloaded.
4) Then follow the instructions here on this post to get your device driver updated.
5) After the installation of the new driver, restart your computer to make the changes to take effect.
Manually updating device driver is not an easy job to do, so why not leave your problems to Driver Easy? It automatically helps you detect, download and update missing and outdated device drivers in just a couple of minutes! And all you need to do is just click two buttons to get your device driver updated.
If you want to update all your device drivers all at once, plus enjoy tons of other features and convenience it brings, why not have a try at the professional version of Driver Easy? You can have you drivers backup and restored fast and easily, in addition, you have full access to the professional tech support waiting to help you with your driver problems. If you are not satisfied with it, you can always ask for a refund 30 days within the purchase.
Step Three: Disable the service
1) Press Windows key and R at the same time, then type in services.msc and hit Enter.
2) Press “I” (for Intel) and faster locate the Intel Rapid Storage Technology option, then double click it.
3) Change the Startup type to Disabled. After the change, press Apply and OK to save the change.
4) Then exit Services window.
If the above methods are not helpful enough, here are some more alternatives that you might want to have a try:
1) Uninstall antivirus programs. Check to see if some of your antivirus program is causing this problem. Users have reported that the problem is gone when they uninstall Norton and AVG. You should check if this is help.
2) Change BIOS settings. Some users report that by changing the SATA controller to AHCI on BIOS settings do the trick. But please do not attempt to use this method unless you are well aware of what you are doing since faulty changes in BIOS settings could cause revocable errors to your computer.
- How to Disable/Turn Off Windows 10 Automatic Updates on Windows 10 (2019)
- Fix error: No AMD Graphics driver is installed
- Video Streaming Problems on Windows 10 After Upgrade
That’s all! Restart your computer and see the changes. Hopefully the methods above can help you to fix the high CPU disk usage.
If you have any questions related to the methods above, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!