“You connect you iPhone to your computer or PC, you click the Trust button on it, but iPhone doesn’t show up on your computer.” This is a common issue that could happen to anyone. If you encounter this problem, we suggest you to keep calm because we have the methods that can help you to fix iPhone 7 not recognized by Windows 7.
The image below is how your PC supposes to recognize the iPhone.
In Devices and Printers(Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers), it appears under the Unspecified category as Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
- iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone 7 on Windows 10
- Fix iPhone doesn’t show up in Windows 10 File Explorer
- iPhone Not Showing Up on iTunes on Windows
4 Methods to Fix iPhone 7 not recognized by Windows 7
Before we begin, we need to make sure that you have done the following things properly.
1) Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works on your computer.
2) Check that you have the latest software on your Windows 7. You can check the if there are available updates on your computer by the path Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update.
3) Press Trust on your iPhone.
4) Make sure that your device is turned on.
5) Try other USB cables or USB ports to see if iPhone can be detected.
Method 1: Manually Update Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
This method is adopted when you see a or by the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Expand category Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3) Double click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
4) In Driver tab, click Update Driver… option.
5) Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
6) Then choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7) In Apple Mobile Device USB Driver category, choose Have disk… option.
If the Have Disk… option is unavailable under Apple Mobile Device USB Driver category, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device, if that’s what you can see.
8) Click Browse.
9) Then navigate to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers. Double click the usbaapl file. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, this file will be called usbaapl64.
If you don’t see usbaapl64 here or if there isn’t a Drivers folder, look in C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers.
10) In the Have Disk window, click OK.
11) Then click Next. Windows will help you with the driver update after this.
12) Open iTunes now to see if it recognizes your iPhone.
Method 2: Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service
This method applies when you see this notification when connecting your device to PC: This iPhone cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device Service is not started.
This method also applies when you don’t see, or by the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
1) Close iTunes and disconnect your iPhone from your PC.
2) Press Windows key and R at the same time to invoke a Run command, then type services.msc in and hit Enter.
3) Locate and double click Apple Mobile Device Service.
4) Change the Startup type to Automatic.
5) Click Stop the service.
6) After the service stops, click Start the service.
7) Click OK.
8) Restart your computer.
9) Open your iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
Method 3: Enable Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
If you see next to the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, this method applies to your situation.
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3) Right click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and choose Enable.
Method 4: Update iPhone Driver
This method applies when you see your iPhone listed under Portable Device instead of Universal Serial Bus controllers and with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
It is highly recommended that you use Driver Easy to scan and download drivers that you need for free. If your iPhone is not showing in the correct position and your computer says it is already the latest version of device driver that Windows can find, then you need to give a try of Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a free software to use. As the name suggests, it is very easy to use. There are only two steps involved.
1) Click Scan Now button to scan for the new drivers available.
2) Click the Update button next to Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and wait for Driver Easy to help you with the device driver update.
That’s all you need to do.
In addition, Driver Easy is a totally free software to use. But if you are looking for more features and professional tech support, you can have a try at our professional version. If you are not satisfied with Driver Easy at the end, you can always ask for a refund within thirty days.
Now, you can try to connect the iPhone after you follow the methods above. The iPhone should appear in My Computer successfully. If the issue persists, you should check the USB cable and try different USB port. Hope the methods help you fix the iPhone is not recognized error.
For queries, feel free to drop in the comments box below. Thank you for reading!