Lenovo ThinkPad T430s is said to be the most popular PC in Lenovo’s legendary ThinkPad product line because of its durability, its security, its portable feature and other features that enhance its productivity. But as days go by, the features in it would be outdated comparing to new released PCs or tablets, how can we keep our computers to its top performance? The answer is, get the latest device drivers installed.
In this post, we will be showing you different ways to get your device drivers updated, choosing as per your personal situation the correct method for you to save yourself countless time and energy.
It is always be your first go-to option when you are going to update your device drivers, since it is one of the useful tools provided by Microsoft. But it is not always helpful, since the it might take a rather long time for Microsoft to update its driver database. So, choose as per your personal situation.
1) Open Device Manager. Click the Scan for hardware changes button on the top bar.
2) Then see if you can see any device driver with certain mark next to it, such as a yellow exclamation mark, a question mark, etc. If you see such a device driver, right click it and choose Update Driver Software….
If you don’t see a device driver with the unusual mark, and you just want to update certain device driver, that’s okay, just right click the device driver that you want to update and choose Update Driver Software….
3) Then choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
4) If this is what you see after the waiting, it means that you are not likely to get your device drivers updated in this way.
Therefore, you need to refer to the options below to get your device drivers updated.
If the first option cannot find you the latest version of a certain device driver that you need, you might want to consider getting the device driver by yourself.
1) Go to Lenovo support site. Then in the middle of the webpage, type in the product name or use the scan feature to help you detect your product if you are not sure what model you have.
2) Then choose your operating system from the list of choice accordingly, then press the Drivers & Software button.
3) You can select the device drivers that you are looking for from Pick a Component option, or type in the keyword in the keyword input box to save yourself some time from searching for the drivers one by one.
4) Open Device Manager again. Right click the device driver that you would like to update, and then choose Update Driver Software….
5) Then choose Browse my computer for driver software.
6) Then Browse to the correct file path where you store the downloaded device driver. After making sure the path is correct, press Next to continue.
7) When the installation is done, please reboot your computer for the change to take effect.
If you find the above options to hard to follow or that they take forever to update even just one driver, you can always choose to use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a product that helps you detect, update and download device drivers automatically without you wasting too much time or energy. It is a very easy to use program that enables you to update all of your outdated and missing device drivers at a very fast speed.
Above all, it is a very easy to use program. There are only two steps involved: step one, press the Scan Now button so Driver Easy can help you detect the missing or outdated device drivers for you. Step two, press the Update button to get the drivers updated. That’s right, two steps to get your device drivers updated automatically!