Mouse cursor disappear might be one of the annoying errors happened in Windows 10. It happens due to several reasons like the corrupt driver, woken up from the sleep mode, or after upgrading to the newer version of Windows.
The first thing you can do in order to fix mouse cursor disappear problem is pressing the restart button. Once your computer has been restarted, the mouse cursor will appear again. But it is just a temporary solution. To fix mouse cursor disappearing problem permanently, you can follow the methods below.
- How to Connect and Use Keyboard and Mouse on PS4
- How To Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working on Windows 10
- Mouse Lags, Freezes, Stutters in Windows 10
Fix Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10
Here are the two methods that you should try.
Method 1: Re-enable your mouse
Windows may have disabled your mouse during the upgrade from a previous version or while your computer was in sleep mode. This will make your mouse unusable and your mouse cursor disappear. You should re-enable your mouse in order to restore its cursor.
There are two ways you can re-enable your mouse:
A. If you are using a laptop, you should try pressing the key combination on your laptop keyboard that can turn on/off your mouse. Usually, it is the Fn key plus F3, F5, F9 or F11 (it depends on the make of your laptop, and you may need to consult your laptop manual to find it out).
B. You can also enable your mouse in the mouse settings. To do so:
- Press the Win key on your keyboard, then type “mouse“. When you see “Mouse settings“ appear in the menu above, press the up or down arrow on your keyboard to highlight it, then press Enter.
- In Mouse settings, press Tab on your keyboard until Additional mouse options (under Related Settings) is highlighted. Press Enter on your keyboard to select it.
- In the Mouse Properties window, press Tab on your keyboard until the Buttons tab in the window is highlighted (with a dotted border.)
- Press right arrow key on your keyboard until Device Settings in the window is opened. (The name of this tab could be different, depending on the mouse you use.)
- If your device is disabled, press Tab on your keyboard until the Enable button is high lighted, and press Enter to enable the device.
- If this method solves the problem, you will be able to see your mouse pointer again.
Method 2: Update your mouse driver
You can perform this method when your mouse cursor doesn’t disappear. Or you can check to see if another mouse can be used on your computer so that you can update your drivers.
Your mouse pointer may disappear if you are using the wrong mouse driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your mouse driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the mouse driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Easy Way to Setup USB Tethering on Windows 10
- How To Fix ADB Device Not Found Error on Windows
- IDT HD Audio CODEC driver in Windows 10
How is it now? Your mouse cursor should appear all the time. You should not be worry again because the mouse cursor will not leave you any more.
For queries and suggestions, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to respond you. Thank you for reading!