Your print screen feature on Windows stops working? You are not the only one who got the issue. We have frequently received report about it from Windows users. Here, we will share the methods to fix print screen not working error on Windows. You can do the instructions or tutorial by yourself.
There are four solutions that you can follow. You can do them selectively without following the order until you find the best solution. Read them thoroughly before proceeding.
- Lenovo Touch Screen Not Working
- Fix HP Touchpad Driver Problem for Windows 10
- Fix Connection Failed with Error 651 in Windows [Top Tips]
How to Fix Print Screen Not Working Error on Windows
This problem is probably being caused by an old or incorrect keyboard driver. You can update your printer driver manually or, if you’re not confident playing around with drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged keyboard driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and try to press the print screen key to see if it works.
Try to press F Mode key or F Lock key (when there is such keys on your keyboard, if not, please skip this fix), then check if Print Screen works. That’s because such keys may prevent you from using print screen key.
Since some programs like OneDrive, Dropbox, Snipping tool can take over the Print Screen key, please stop all the running programs on your PC. Then try to print screen again to see if it works.
- Check if your operating system is up-to-date.
- Type Windows Update in the search box from Start.
- Then click Windows Update(Windows 7) / Check for updates(Windows 10) to open Windows Update program.
- Now on Windows Update Windows, you can check if there is any available updates for your window. If yes, install the updates and try to print screen again.
Once you failed to take a screen shoot by pressing PrtScn key, you can try to press Fn + PrtScn, Alt + PrtScn or Alt + Fn + PrtScn keys together to try again.
In addition, you also can use snipping tool at Accessories from the Start menu to take screen shoot.
In addition, if you’re on Windows 7, when you can’t use PrtSc on the physical keyboard, try to use the key on the virtual On Screen Keyboard: Click the Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > On-Screen Keyboard.
After following the methods to fix print screen not working error above we hope the function can go back to normal. If the error persists, you might consider to install a third-party software to capture the screen. Lightshot Screenshot can be a good option for this task. You can download it for free from the official website.
Do you use other screenshot applications on your computer? Share with us, please.
For queries or suggestions, feel free to drop in the comments section. Thank you for reading, Folks!