Do you find a problem when trying to connect the PS4 controller to your console? If yes, then you are not alone. There are a lot of PS4 users that face the same problem like you.
We understand how annoying it is to have this PS4 controller connection problem. Thus, we will discuss the solutions for PS4 controller won’t connect to the console in this post. We hope the methods that we will provide will help you to fix the PS4 controller connection problem.
- How To Fix PS4 Controller Won’t Charge
- Turn Off your PS4 Controller: Quick Guide for PS4 and PC Gamers
- How to Connect PS4 Controller to PS4
Solutions for PS4 Controller Won’t Connect to the Console
Method 1. Connect your PS4 controller with a data cable
Your controller can easily get detected by your console if it is connected with a USB cable. Note that this, however, can’t be done using your original controller cable. You should use a USB cable with a micro-USB connector (you can see many Android smartphones use this type of cable). You may need to experiment with multiple cables to find the one that really works for you.
Connect your controller and console with this cable. And then restart your console. If this method works for you, your console will automatically recognize and connect your controller.
Method 2. Reset your PS4 controller
Resetting your PS4 controller is another effective way to bring your PS4 controller back. To do so:
- Turn off your PlayStation 4.
- Locate the reset button on the back of your controller near the L2 shoulder button. Then use a small, unfolded paper-clip or something similar to push the button and hold it down for a couple of seconds. Then release the button.
- Connect your controller to your PS4 console. Then turn your PS4 on.
If this method works for you, your controller will connect to your PS4 console at this time.
Method 3. Restart your PS4 console completely
There may be corruption problems on your PS4 console that disconnect your controller. You can try restarting your PS4 console completely to see if this can fix the problem:
- Press the power button on your PS4 console and hold it until you hear the second beep. Then release the button.
- Unplug the power cable and the controller that wouldn’t connect from the console.
- Leave your PS4 for 2-3 minutes.
- Plug the power cable and the controller back to the console.
- Turn your PS4 on. Check the controller to see if it works fine now.
It is all about the solutions for PS4 controller connection problem. It is a quite common problem for PS4 controller. By following the methods above, we hope you will not face the same problem again in the future. Hope it helps you.
If you happen to have questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!