This time we will discuss how to update Realtek PCIe GBE family control drivers for Windows. It is the solution for the Realtek drivers error that happens on PC. If you are seeing an error message saying “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems”, then you need to update the drivers.
The problem occurs when you upgrade the system, but you forget to update the drivers. You can check if the drivers need to be updated when you see a yellow mark next to Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller in the Device Manager.
- Realtek Digital Output Has No Sound
- ASUS Realtek Audio Driver Free Download for Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, XP & Vista
- Realtek Card Reader Driver Download Easily for Windows 10
How to Update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Drivers for Windows
There are three methods that you can follow in order to update the drivers in your PC Windows. Select the easiest method as you pleased.
1. Download the Driver from PC Manufacturer’s Site
Go to your PC manufacturer’s offcial website. The driver download normally can be found in Support section of the site. You can locate the right drivers for your PC by using the PC model and the specific operating system. Then you can find and download the network driver.
2. Download the Driver from Network Card Manufacturer’s Site
Realtek always has the latest drivers for its controllers online. Even the drivers for Windows 10 have been released. So you can find and download the most recent driver on Realtek website. Download the driver according to your specific operating system. After you open the website, Click Global to download the right driver.
Since you don’t have internet access, you can download the driver on another computer which has network.
3. Use Driver Easy to Download the Driver
Driver Easy is the program which helps fix driver problems automatically. The Offline Scan function of Driver Easy allows you to download the network driver for the computer with no internet connection.
After you install and launch Driver Easy, follow steps below to use the Offline Scan function.
Make the offline scan on the computer that has network driver problem.
1). Click Tools in left pane.
2).Click Offline Scan.
3). Select Offline Scan in right pane then click Continue button.
4). Click Browse button then save the offline scan file to the location where you wish to save to.
5).Click Offline Scan button and the offline scan file will be saved.
After making offline scan, upload the offline scan file to the computer that has internet connections. Then follow steps below.
1). Launch Driver Easy. Go to Tools -> Offline Scan.
2). Select Upload Offline Scan File and click Continue button.
3). Click Browse button to find the offline scan file that you saved.
4). After selecting the offline scan file, click Continue button.
5). Click Download button to download the network driver. Then you are required to download the driver to the location where you wish to save to.
After you use one of the options to download the driver, install it on your PC. Usually, the Realtek driver can be self-installing. Just double-click on the file to begin the installation.
How to Install Driver Manually
If the driver cannot be installed in this way, you might have to install it manually, then follow steps to install the driver.
- Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.
- In Device Manager, expand category Network adapters.
- Under this category, right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Then click Update Driver Software…
- Click Browse my Computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk…
- Click Browse button and navigate to the location of the driver you download. The windows will find the .inf file to install the driver.
- If you do not see a yellow mark next to Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, check if the driver version is most up to date.
- Double-click on the device. The Properties dialog will appear. Click on the Driver tab and you will get the Driver version.
Go to Realtek and locate the most recent driver for your operating system. If the driver version matches the one installed on your PC, the driver is the most up to date, then you don’t need to update the driver. If not, update the driver.
- How To Fix Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings
- How To Fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED Chrome Error Windows 10
- Your network settings are blocking party chat
We hope the error disappear after you update the drivers in your computer. If the issue persists even after you did all instructions above, you might consider to replace the network card or contact the technician support.
For queries or suggestions, don’t hesitate to let us know. Thank you for reading!