Have you ever experienced that your iPhone 7 can’t be recognized when you connect it with Windows 10 computer? This error happens due to the Apple Mobile Device USB driver is missing or corrupted. It causes you cannot import the photos, music or video from your iPhone to the computer. To fix this error, follow our methods on the section below.
The very first thing you can do before following the methods below is trying to unplug iPhone and plug it again. Try to restart it as well. It should fix the problem. If the error persists, then you can jump to the solutions below.
- iTunes Not Recognizing iPhone 7 on Windows 10
- How to Transfer Music From iPhone to Computer – the crazy ease way!
- Easy to Fix iPhone Keeps Disconnecting from WiFi
2 Best Ways to Fix Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing on Windows 10
Solution 1: Uninstall the Driver
Follow these steps:
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand category “Universal Serial Bus Controller” .).
3. Right click on the device and select Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
You will be asked to confirm the uninstall. Check the checkbox next to “Delete the driver software for this device” if you see it. Click OK button then the driver will be uninstalled.
4. Click Action in top menu bar and click Scan for hardware changes.
Solution 2: Update the Driver
The problem probably is caused by driver problems. The steps above may resolve the problem, but if they don’t, try to update the Apple Mobile Device USB driver. If you don’t have patience, time or computer to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will scan your computer to detect any problem drivers, then provide you with new drivers. You can update the apple usb driver with the Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it just takes 2 clicks (and you get full support and 30-day money back guarantee).
1. Click here to download Driver Easy. Then double click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
2. Click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect all problem drivers instantly.
3. Click Update button next to the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver to download and install the correct version of this driver (Update the driver step by step with the Free version). Or click Update All button to update all drivers automatically (you need to upgrade to Pro version).
Now, try to plug your iPhone to the Windows 10 computer and see the result. Windows should be able to recognize the device and you can import the files on iPhone.
If you still cannot connect it, then try to update the iTunes and use different USB cable too. Hope it helps you fix the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver problem. Drop in the comments box if you have questions or suggestions. Thank you for reading.
- Fix Vertical Lines on the Computer Screen
- Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found
- How To Fix How To Fix “Some settings are managed by your organization” error on Windows 10