For Google Chrome users, ERR_CONNECTED_REFUSED is another common error that may happen to them. This error occurs due to the network settings on your computer or the software malfunction. You don’t need to worry because we have the way to fix it.
- Google Chrome Download for Windows 10
- Easy to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error in Chrome
- Best Methods to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error on Google Chrome
How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Problem
Fix 1. Clear your Chrome’s browsing data
Hit Ctrl + Shift + Delete at the same time on any tab of your Chrome.
Then click on the open tab.
Now open the website you want to access before. Check if the error is fixed.
Fix 2. Reset your IP address and clear DNS cache
1) Run Command Prompt as administrator.
For Windows 7 users:
Find and right-click on Command Prompt from Start menu and choose Run as administrator.
Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control(UAC).
For Windows 10 users:
Press Windows key + R key together and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
Click Yes when prompted by UAC.
2)Type the following commands and hit Enter one by one to run them on the pop-up window.
netsh winsock reset catalog
After it’s done, restart your computer. Then check if the error still exists.
Fix 3. Change DNS address
1) Type network in search box from Start. Then click Network and Sharing Center.
2) Click Change adapter settings.
3) Right-click on Local Area Connection or Ethernet according to your Windows. Then choose Properties.
4) Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
Then tick on Use the following DNS server addresses and set the DNS server address to be Google public DNS:
5) Check if the error still occurs.
Fix 4. Disable your proxy
1) Click icon on the top right of your Chrome. Then select Settings.
2) Click Show advanced settings…
3) Click Change proxy settings… under Network dialog.
4) Click LAN settings on Internet Properties window. Then make sure Use a proxy server for your LAN is unchecked. Then click OK.
Check if you can access the website properly now.
- Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found.
- How to Fix “A Network Change Was Detected” Error
- Install Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller Driver on Surface
That’s all there is to it. Fully hope you can fix the error with the fixes here. If the error persists, you may try to update your Google Chrome to the latest version.
Any questions just feel free to leave your comment below. Thank you for reading, Folks!