If you are having problem with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver using Windows 7, you can’t have access to internet. And you may see a yellow mark next to this device in Device Manager.
Updating drivers always can solve the problem. But it is not easy to download the right network driver from Realtek websit. So before updating the driver, try uninstalling the driver and allowing Windows to reload the driver automatically.
Follow steps to uninstall the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver.
1. Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button. Then Device Manager window will open.
3. Under category “Network adapters”, right-click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and select Uninstall.
4. Windows will prompt you to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device”. Click “OK” button.
5. Click Action in top menu bar and click Scan for hardware changes in drop-down menu. Then Windows will find and install the driver again.
If this does not solve your Realtek PCIe GBE Familly Controller driver problem, you can go to Realtek website to download the official drivers manually. To download right drivers, you need to get the network card specific model name and operating system (Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit). If you can’t have access to internet, use another PC with internet connection to download the drivers and save to external hard drives.
It is not easy to download the right Realtek PCIe GBE Familly Controller drivers from Realtek, especially if you are a novice in this area. Instead of manually downloading the drivers, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy is a driver update tool with Offline Scan feature that allows you to download network drivers even if you can’t be connected to internet. With it, you don’t need to get the network card specific model name and you don’t need to decide which driver you should download. Driver Easy will take care all for you. See how to use the Offline Scan feature.