Keeping the drivers on computer updated is mandatory. It helps you to get rid of bugs that come from the old drivers, especially when you just upgrade your computer OS. This also includes updating the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers. You may come up with a question about how to update the drivers. That’s we will discuss in this post. There are several methods to update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Contollers drivers that we will show you.
To find out the Realtek drivers, open the Device Manager and expand Network adapters. There, you will see the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller under this section.
How to Update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Drivers on Windows 10
There are 3 methods in order to update the driver for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Check them out below:
Method 1 – Use Windows Update
You can use Windows Update to check for the updates in Windows 10. It may help install the driver for your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. If this feature in your Window 10 has been set to install updates automatically, you can disregard this way.
Method 2 – Update the Driver Manually
You can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the Windows 10 driver for this device. Alternatively, you can go to the device manufacturer’s (Realtek) website to download the Windows 10 driver.
Usually, the driver can be self-installing. After you download the driver, double-click on the file to begin the installation. If the driver cannot be installed in this way, you might have to install it manually, then follow steps below to install the driver.
- Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.
- In Device Manager, expand category Network adapters. Under this category, right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Then click Update Driver Software…
- Click Browse my Computer for driver software.
- Click on Browse to find the location of the downloaded driver file. Then, Windows will automatically find the .inf file in the driver package to install the drivers.
- Click on the Next button to install the driver.
Method 3 – Update the Driver Automatically
If you don’t have time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
* If you can’t have access to internet due to network driver problems, you can use Driver Easy Offline Scan Feature to download and install a new network driver.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the Realtek PCIe driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 Windows 10 Drivers Update Quickly & Easily
- Realtek Digital Output Has No Sound
- Realtek Card Reader Driver Download Easily for Windows 10
Now, you should have updated the Realtek drivers on your Windows PC. You should do it regularly to avoid you from bigger problem that may cause issue in the future. Using the auto updater like the app we have mentioned previously can give you a big help.
If you have questions or suggestion, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to answer your questions. Thank you for dropping by. Have a nice day, Folks!