Whenever Windows application faces an error, WerFault.exe will try to report it to Microsoft. So, that you can get solutions to fix the error, or the Microsoft will provide the patch in the upcoming update. This is quite essential for the development and improvement of Windows itself.
However, what if the WerFault.exe is error? This will of course block the Microsoft from getting the error report from Windows. Thus, you need to fix it as soon as possible. Follow the solutions on this article to fix WerFault.exe error.
- How to Fix “A Network Change Was Detected” Error
- Fix Synaptics SMBus Driver Problem on Windows 10
- Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration
Best Methods to Fix WerFault.exe – Application Error
Solution 1: Disable Windows Error Reporting Service
Follow these steps:
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will open.
2. Type services.msc in the run box and click on OK button.
3. Locate Windows Error Reporting Service and double-click on it to open Properties dialog box.
4. In General tab, set “Startup type” as Disabled and click on Apply then OK buttons.
Solution 2: Disable Any Antivirus Software
The error can be caused by some antivirus software. If you have installed antivirus software, disable them and see if the problem persists. If the problem is still there, uninstalling them.
Solution 3: Update Drivers
The error can be caused by faulty drivers especially faulty display drivers. Try updating the drivers and see if this will fix the error.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to one driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- How To Fix No Sound on Windows 10
- How To Fix BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Blue Screen on Windows 10
- Intel Management Engine Driver Download & Install for Windows 10, 8.1, 7
The error message should have disappeared now. Windows can report any problem happened to Microsoft via WerFault.exe.
Should you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!