Why does Windows 10 screen flickering occur? It happens due to several reasons. The main cause is the corrupted display driver. To fix Windows 10 screen flickering, read on the solutions on the following.
- Windows 10 Screensaver not working
- Can’t Change Screen Resolution in Windows 7 – How to Fix?
- dxgmms2.sys Blue Screen Error on Windows 10
How to Fix Windows 10 Screen Flickering Error
Start with a simpler method then move on to the next one until you have the problem fixed.
Method 1:Take the Computer to a Wide-Open Area
Screen flashing can be related to magnetic. If possible, take your computer to another place and see if the problem resolves.
Method 2: Disable Antivirus Software
Some antivirus software can cause conflicts. If you have installed any antivirus software, disable them temporarily then you will know if they are the cause.
Method 3: Use a Higher Monitor Refresh Rate
Follow steps below:
1. Right-click on the blank place of desktop and select Display settings.
2. Click Advanced display settings.
3. Under Related settings, click Display adapter properties.
4. Click Monitor tab,and choose a higher Screen refresh rate then click OK button. You can try 80 Hertz first.
Method 4: Update the Display Driver
Before updating the driver, uninstall the driver first. If you can’t uninstall the driver in Normal mode, enter safe mode then uninstall the driver there.
Follow steps below:
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand Display adapters. Right-click on the graphics device name and select Uninstall.
3. If prompted to confirm the uninstall, click OK to continue.
4. Restart your PC.
After restarting the PC, update the display driver.
You can download the latest graphics driver from the PC manufacturer’s website. The downloaded driver file is usually in .exe format. To install the driver, you just need to double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you have difficulty updating the driver manually, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy can scan your computer to detect all problem drivers. You can download the Free version to have a try. To save more time, you can consider upgrading to the Pro version. With the Pro version, you can update all drivers with just one-click.
Method 5: Update Some Apps
Norton AV, iCloud, and IDT Audio are known to cause screen flickering in Windows 10. If you have installed one of them, you may need to update them or contact their manufacturer for an update to fix the problem.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fix Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Driver Problem. Easily!
- No Suitable Graphics Card Found [Best Fixes]
- Fix error: No AMD Graphics driver is installed
Hope the methods here help you fix Windows 10 flickering problem.
For queries and suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for reading, Folks!