Users have reported that they are having problems using their microphone on Windows 7 all of a sudden, which makes it impossible to communicate with others online if they want to use programs such as Skype.
There is always a silver lining to this problem: multiple solutions which have been proven to work are here to help you with it.
Read along and see what we need to do to get rid of this headache!
1) Plug out the microphone from the original jack on your PC and then plug it back on again. Make sure that you plug your microphone in to the right port. See if your microphone works in this way.
2) Try use the same microphone on another computer if you have one. If not, you can use it on your friend’s PC to have a test. If sound comes out right, that means your microphone is to blame. You might need to consider getting a new microphone.
3) If your microphone doesn’t work on certain program but not the others, you might need to dive in the settings in that program to check if microphone is allowed. Also, please check if you need to update these programs since upgrade might help you with some of the minor conflicts or problems.
1) Right click the volume icon and then choose Playback devices.
2) Navigate to Recording tab, then check if there is a green icon on your Microphone, which indicates that your microphone should be working properly.
3) Noted that the Microphone here is set as Default Device. If yours doesn’t show as a Default Device, please select it and choose Set Default.
If there is a problem with the audio driver that you have, your microphone might never work.
1) Press Windows key and R at the same time, then type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
2) Then click to expand category Sound, video and game controllers. Right click the audio device driver that you have and choose Update Driver Software….
3) Then choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
4) If you see the notification telling you that Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date, but the problem remains, you need to look for the correct in other ways.
5) Download and install Driver Easy. Press the Scan Now button right in the middle.
6) Then press the Update button next to the audio driver that you have to get it updated automatically.
As you can see here, more device drivers needs an update so as to make sure that they stay at their peak performance. With the help of professional version of Driver Easy, you can update all of them by just pressing the Update All button. Fast and easily!